Back to School: 5 Productivity Tips


School is back in session. Which means my busy life is back to its normal, crazy schedule. But I am taking a second in my busy schedule to focus on getting my life in order and take steps towards having a very productive semester. Here are my productivity tips to implement in the first couple weeks back:

1. Plan ahead // Go ahead, purchase that large planner and copy down every date for every test, exam, paper, project and due date you have during the semester. Refer to your planner often because this will be your best friend during the semester. {I take this one step farther and print out the syllabus/calendar, so there is no chance in me getting any of the dates wrong.} In my own opinion, the cuter the planner, the more likely you are to use it. Here are some of my favorite options Lilly Pulitzer, Kate Spade, Sugar Paper, Erin Condren, & Gigi New York.

2. Make friends // The first 2 weeks of class are like a social grace period in college. You can virtually go up to anyone during this time and say the words you first uttered in kindergarten, "Can I sit next to you?" Make friends in your classes because they will more than likely help you study, share notes, and help you, if you ask nicely enough.

3. Set timers // I am just as guilty of getting invested in a homework study binge, but by setting timers throughout your study time to remind you to take a break, go for a walk, eat a snack, etc. is absolutely necessary so you do not get too bogged down with all the work you have set before you. I do this by either setting an alarm on my phone or a time on my fitbit. 

4. Know your limits // Do not overextend yourself. Make time for things that are important first and then in descending order. Be realistic about your plans and goals. When I over-plan, I tend to get frustrated and discouraged when I don't meet my expectations. 

5. Live healthy // Just a brisk walk in the morning and eating right throughout the day, can really help with your productivity. When you work out, you get your blood flowing, you become focused, you have more energy. By taking care of yourself in this way, your body is primed and ready for anything. 


What ways do you stay productive when classes start?


xo, Chelsea
follow along on twitter & instagram.

No comments