{Avoid} Cab.in Fe.ver


Cab.in Fe.ver
noun . North America . informal

irritability, listlessness, and similar symptoms resulting from long confinement or isolation indoors during the winter.



Cabin fever is a very real illness that takes form during these frigidly cold winter months. I am currently suffering from it myself {however, my circumstance is slightly different, due to house sitting this weekend}. I'll be honest - I do not think I can take another episode of Friends on Netflix without going immediately insane. So I took to the internet and found some fun things try this week in attempts to not completely lose ourselves to cabin fever. 

For a thrilling breakfast {or breakfast for dinner ;) }, bake up some donuts and decorate with your favorite cereals. Learn how to make these tasty treats at Hummingbird High.

Craft some adorable watercolor makeup brush jars for those extra brushes you have laying around. I know this would look great on my bathroom counter. Get a step-by-step guide on Style Me Pretty.  

Take those Netflix-binges or movie night to a whole new level! Create a cozy fort in your living room and start a week-long marathon. Get inspired to build your own fort at All for the Boys.

Take the birchbox challenge and get active this week. They have an incredible 31-day list of challenges that include prizes. Check it out here.

And what is a cozy weekend in without some tasty hot chocolate? Make homemade hot chocolate and add certain ingredients to give it that little something extra. See my blog post here.


Let me know what you do to stop that pesky cabin fever.


xo, Chelsea
follow along on twitter & instagram.

No comments