Winter Workout Essentials

Let's be honest... During the holidays, we tend to consume more calories than we really mean to. And we justify this because we can just "run it off" later. But when later comes we have little motivation to do much more than hibernate. Then the next holiday party happens and we find ourselves in this endless holiday calorie consuming cycle. But then again this just might be my approach to the holidays.


This year I have decided to beat the holiday pounds (as best as I can) and nip the weight gaining habits in the bud before they really begin to set in. And in doing this I was inspired to share some of my favorite winter workout essentials to maybe help inspire some of you!


1. Adidas Women's ClimaCool X No-Show Socks - 2-pack: Adidas is such an under appreciated exercise brand - in my opinion. These socks have just the right amount of support and breathability that my piggy's really appreciate during a nice long run or hike.

2. Kate Spade "The Small Weekender Bag" in Black & White: Kate Spade always seems to get it right. And this bag is no exception. This darling striped weekender bag makes for a pretty perfect gym bag, complete with a zippered show compartment, interior cell phone ouch, and two drawstring pockets. Not to mention heads will turn when you walk into the gym with this bag on your arm.

3. Zella 'Perfect Run' Tights: My No.1 workout essential (make that an everyday essential - I have a thing for comfortable fashion) is a great pair of leggings. My ideal leggings are formfitting, yet breathable and these are just that. The only "flaw" in these leggings, at least in my opinion, is they are not fleece-lined. During the winter months, you can not pay me to take off my fleece-lined leggings; I essentially live in them.

4. Lululemon "Energy Bra": Okay sue me, I love sports bras in fun colors. I also like sports bras with fun straps. What do you get when you combine the two? A Lululemon Energy Bra. In my book they a perfect combination. Pricy but perfect.

5. bkr "Eden": This glass water bottle does not deserve to be called a water bottle. When you think water bottle, you think plastic, dinky, disposable. BKR water bottles are anything but; they are more like a fabulous accessory. Hydration never looked so good.

6. Lululemon "Run with Me Ear Warmer *Serpa fleece": I know, I know, I like diversity just as much as anyone else, so I apologize for adding two Lululemon products to this list. BUT, I could not help it. Lululemon just does it better. These ear warmers look both cozy and chic. Perfect for a winter run.

7. Fitbit Tory Burch bracelet accessory: Fitbit (or any fitness tracker, in general) is all the rage right now and after receiving one for my birthday, I have fallen in love with tracking my fitness. It's like a game that just sits on my wrist! BUT it doesn't always match my outfits, so Tory Burch (bless her) came up with a solution. Her solutions are absolutely adorable and to die foe, but a tad on the expensive side - it is Tory Burch... You can find just the fitbits here.

8. The North Face "Red Slate Vest": In normal fashion as well as fitness fashion - if you couldn't tell by now, there is a distinction - puffer vests have exploded this season. This puffer vest features some quilting across the shoulders and ample insulation to keep you warm during any outdoor activities this winter. Plus, I just love the bright colors.


So go ahead and eat your heart out tomorrow - and next week - as long as you dedicate yourself to some post-noming exercise.

And of course, Merry Christmas Eve!
 photo 63b6d09b-c10a-4c6c-b28a-dce1c2d45fc7_zpsb5ed13bf.jpg

No comments