5 things to do before you hit the pillow

I have really amped up my work schedule lately... For better or for worse. So with a crazy schedule I have been trying to figure out the best way to balance everything. In that, I have come to realize the importance of sleep (seriously, cannot survive without it), so here are some of my nightly practices to make the most of my shut eye.



ONE // Lay out tomorrow's clothing
Preparing my backpack or purse as well as laying out my clothes really helps me save time in the morning. Nothing's worse than waking up late and trying to decide between 3 different outfits. 

TWO // Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate
When you sleep you can get so dehydrated. I don't know about you but I hate waking up in the middle of the night dying of thirst. I make sure to gulp as much as a can, PLUS I keep a cup on my nightstand. It's good for your skin as well as your overall well-being.

THREE // Plan out your to-dos
If you are at all like me, you would not be able to survive each day without your handy to-do list. I make a point to sit down at the end of the night and go over what I didn't complete that day as well as add all the things I need to make sure I do the next day. Not only does this help with my productivity but it helps relax my mind before I go to sleep.

FOUR // Use anti-aging night cream
I started using an anti-aging cream because let's be honest, I'm only getting older, so why not try to combat the inevitable. 

FIVE // Turn off your tech
I am definitely guilty for spending hours on social media (no doubt this is a pitfall of working in social media). However, I have started to make it a personal rule that all tech has to be on the other side of the room when it is time for sleep. I also automatically set my phone to Do Not Disturb from midnight to 7AM. This really helps with those 2AM notification dings.


What are some things you do before your head hits the pillow?

later, Chels
follow along on twitter & instagram

No comments