what i'm reading — spring 2016

I would like to apologize in advance for all the self-improvement and business books in this mix. I seem to be at a point in life where that is what is most important to me so I unconsciously dedicate time to it, including reading time. Hopefully you might find some of these reads as compelling as I have.


This book has been on my to-read list for a while and I really cannot wait to dive in. Small Victories is all about hope and celebration even in life's worst moments. Check out Anne Lamott's twitter here.

This is one book that I definitely judged by its cover but in a very positive way. I can't wait to find out what these four Parisian women have to say about life, love, and happiness.

Can't seem to get the peanut oil out of me. This book is by Dee Anne Turner (I swear I am just now realizing the 'Anne' trend...), who is an executive for Chick-fil-A. I'm really excited to dig into this book because it is all about growing relationships with customers and having an positive impact in the business world. You can find more Dee Anne Turner on her website and on twitter.

Finally, a novel. This book takes on several themes and tackles some hard topics like as marriage, children, gender roles, etc. It takes place during the Cold War which really shows with all the tension between every page. This is Williams first book so feel free to support her on her website here.

Google Gary Vaynerchuk and so much, I mean, SO MUCH stuff pops up. You can follow him on Youtube here. Check his website out here. See his twitter game here. Gary kills the hustle game. His insights on Marketing, Social Media, Leadership, Hustling and just so much more has really inspired to me to work harder and do more. Also, follow him on Snapchat (GaryVee), you won't regret it!


That's all for my reading list. But now what about you?
What are you reading this Spring?


later, Chels
follow along on twitter & instagram

4 comments

  1. You and I have very similar taste in books! My mom has been telling me to read Small Victories since Christmas, I just have been trying to catch up on everything else. As soon as finals are over, I am going to go out and pick up a copy. I am leaving for Paris in about a month, and I think that How to be Parisian anywhere you go would be a fun thing to read on the plane there! Great recommendations!

    Ashlee Liz
    www.ashleeliz.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd really love to give the Parisian book a go - it's immediately grabbed me haha! I will definitely check out The Longest Night also :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How to be parisienne is a cute book, I loved reading it!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Gary Vee's podcasts so I'm sure his book would be great as well. His manner is hilarious while also providing great advice. Thanks for the recommendations!!

    http://clairemariecarter.com

    ReplyDelete