6 Summer Must Reads

I've been doing a lot of reading this summer... Check out my goodreads here
I've recently realized how much I love getting lost in a book. I also love books that make you think. As we head into July and August, here are 6 book recommendations to get you through those long summer days. 




As You Wish // Cary Elwes: The Princess Bride is one of my all time favorite book/movie so naturally I loved the content of this book. Cary Elwes, who plays Wesley in the movie, tells all about the making of the movie in a way that makes you feel even more intimately a part of the beloved classic.

The Girl on the Train // Paula Hawkins: This book was so suspenseful that it literally took me 3 days to read. I also hadn't read a murder mystery in a while so it was a welcomed change of pace. 

Yes, Please // Amy Poehler: Love, love, love, love Amy Poehler. I want her to be my spirit animal. This book made me think about life in ways that I didn't really know were possible. Her insights on the everyday human experience will leave you with a chuckle in you heart and a tear in your eye.

In the Unlikely Event // Judy Blume: This is probably the least of my favorites for this summer, simply because the storyline was a bit hard to follow, but once you get past that it has a great message about overcoming tragedy and facing uncertainty.

The Royal We // Heather Cocks & Jessica Morgan: A modern fairytale with a happy ending. What is summer without a romance novel?

All the Light We Cannot See // Anothy Doerr: I absolutely loved this book and I plan on reading it again in the near future, simply because I do not think that one time was enough to fully digest it. 


So get reading and let me know what you think. And feel free to comment your favorites below. I'm always looking for new material!

later, Chels
follow along on twitter & instagram.

No comments