Be Your Own Loony Lovegood - A Take on Hipsterism

Hipsterism: Mass consumption in the eternal quest for what is cool, distinct, difficult to acquire, or just plain ugly. Hipsters engage in hipsterism by shopping at the most trendy places, always looking for the most unique items. Everything, from the type of clothes worn to what you eat is a status symbol to the hipsterist. 



Who are the real hipsters anyways? I hate the term hipster... Heck, when someone thinks of "hipsters" nowadays, they typically think of skinny pants, large thick-rimmed glasses, vintage loving, tweeting photographers.

But when I think of who the real hipsters are I like to think of the originals. The people who aren't afraid of what other people think. They are who they are solely for themselves and not for anyone else. I like this type of thinking - this never trying to impress anyone but themselves.

^ don't get me wrong, I do not think that you should just run around dressed like a whoopee cushion all the time (unless you're into that - in which case, you do you).

Even though we should worry about what other people think, there is a fine line between being true to yourself and furthering any possible future you might gave without repercussion.

I think "hipster" has become a huge trend with a large following - a.k.a. mainstream (although I am not entirely complaining because I am a huge fan of the skinny jean). But I want to encourage you to just do you. Be your own self whether that is hipster, preppy, sporty, original - just be you. And I'll be me. And together we can create our own definition of hipster.

As said by one of my fictional inspirations: "I think they think I'm a bit odd, you know. Some people call me 'Loony' Lovegood, actually." - Luna Lovegood

Be your own Loony Lovegood.

 photo 63b6d09b-c10a-4c6c-b28a-dce1c2d45fc7_zpsb5ed13bf.jpg

No comments