Charlotte // A Formal Occassion

Two weekends ago I spent some time in Charlotte, NC for Theta Xi Formal 2015! It was filled with so much laughter, friends, dancing, hiking, and most importantly Jesus. It was an incredible blessing to be able to completely unplug from everyday life for a couple days and spend time in the present with the people I love. 


Here are some of my favorite moments from the weekend.



First, formal can't happen without a cooler (a southern tradition that I am going talk about at a later date).


Friday
4PM: The ride up wasn't long (approx. 3 hours). Our car spent most of this time just chatting about life. Kenon (my date) and I were in the backseat. We watched many youtube videos, quoted a lot of Stefon*, ate road trip cookies while listening to a road trip mix tape, and shared many laughs. 

8PM: Upon arrival, we explored some of downtown Charlotte. The skyline was beautiful [I went without a phone so sorry for the lack of pictures]. After a nice trip to cookout (had to happen), we went back to the hotel and checked in. 

Saturday
9AM: Met in the lobby to go get breakfast and get ready for a hike up Crowder Mtn [yes, we chose to hike pre-formal]. 

11AM: Base of Crowder Mountain with the Theta Xi Wilderness Crew, which we so humbly named ourselves. After a 3 mile hike up the mountain, this was our view:
 {Theta Xi Wilderness Crew at the top of Crowder Mtn peak}

 {Boulder we climbed because we love nature}

{The views were fantastic. We loved the Carolina mountains.}

{This guy made the weekend such a blast.}

6PM: The actual formal itself was dinner and dancing for hours. I won't bore you with the details but we all danced so hard and had a blast. I was continually reminded how blessed I am with such incredible friends.

{We clean up well. Kenon was the most dashing date.}

{Love my Mo. So blessed that Theta Xi brought us together.}

{Some of the Wilderness Crew, looking fresh.}

{Theta Xi totem. I was SO excited about this photo.}

{Family doesn't always mean by blood. I love my big and little "brothers."}

{My big brother is so handsome. Blackstocks' take on Formal.}

Sunday
10AM: Brunch at IHOP then ride back to the ATL. We spent most of the time sleeping (sorry, Ben).

Overall, we had a wonderful weekend. It was a nice to take a break from school, even just for a weekend, and a great way to spend some quality time with people that I love so dearly. 

Fossil // Stella Multifunction Watch (s/o similar here & here)
Nike // Flex Run (s/o similar here)

Modcloth // See You Swoon Dress in Black (s/o similar here, here, & here)
Anne Klein // Bangle Watch (s/o similar here & here)



*If you don't know what Stefon is, educate yourself. Try not to pee your pants from laughter.


xo, Chelsea
follow along on twitter & instagram.

No comments